About the Aquadillos Swim Team
The Aquadillos Swim Team is a competitive summer league swim team in Georgetown, Texas. It is a great first swim team for children from 4-17 years of age. Swimmers learn proper stroke technique, starts, and compete in meets. New swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) using any stroke. Awards are given for individual improvements. It's fun, the races are short distances, and our athletes learn to become better swimmers.
The season lasts approximately 10 weeks, beginning the first week of May until mid-July. We swim 6 meets per season (Saturday mornings) against other swim teams in the Austin area. At the end of the season, swimmers who have obtained a qualifying time during the season are invited to compete at an Invitational Swim Meet. Historically this meet has been held at the University of Texas and also Texas A&M University. It is an incredible experience for the swimmers and families.
Practice begins in May, at the Village Pool. Morning practices begin once school is out and are held at the Williams Drive Pool for the remainder of the season.
The Georgetown Aquadillos has been providing a fun summer swim team experience in central Texas since 1985. Our experienced coaching staff teaches swimming technique, while maintaining a fun, laid-back, summer attitude.
- The Aquadillos have been helping the kids in our community for more than 30 years.
- Many of our swimmers have gone on to success with High School teams.
- Several Aquadillos swimmers have competed at the collegiate level.
- Teams in our circuit have implemented our volunteer model; all parents volunteer in some capacity.
- All swimmers receive awards with special emphasis on individual time improvements.